Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cats Face Dares in Urban Environments

INTERESTING ASSIGNMENT WITH URBAN DARE

Went to that assignment I talked about the other day. Nothing too exciting. I just manned a dart board at Butch McGuire's, making sure people got their bullseyes, stamping their "passports" and making sure that people took turns. As the review link says, though, pretty cool bar.

You can read about the details of Urban Dare, but the gist of it goes as follows: teams of two follow clues given them to get pictures of themselves at certain landmarks and also to complete challenges at other landmarks. 23 teams made it today. The guy who runs it has done four other of these races in Boston, Philly, Washington, D.C. and, I think, San Diego. He has yet to make a profit yet, but through the sale of hurricane relief bracelets, has raised $6,000 for Hurricane Katrina relief just this year. In a year, he hopes to get 500 teams taking part and to turn a profit.

Good luck, man.

NEED TO FIX YOUR VIDEO FILES FOR BURNING ONTO DVD?

Use gui4ffmpeg!

For the last few months, I had been trying to burn a video file onto a watchable-on-TV DVD, but the process would just freeze. I tried a whole bunch of things, especially since a previous time I burned it, it worked. Eventually, I found gui4ffmpeg, and it fixed up the video. The movie has lost a couple frames here and there but nothing that significantly takes away from the end product.

I'm just really happy to resolve the issue. Now I can make my fiancee watch it!

CHARLIE JADE

I think we need to hear more about Charlie Jade on the Internet. It's an awesome South African-Canadian produced science fiction drama that will probably never make it to US mainstream broadcast TV without heavy editing. It's very gritty and has a couple rape scenes. Possibly not even then, with the satire of fear-tactic propoganda that demonizes a couple heores as terrorists.

Maybe. . .just maybe HBO will pick it up?

I really want some US station to take up because I think Charlie Jade will find a lot of fans here and probably get the funding for a second season. Who the hell are the Men in Gray?!?!?!?!?!?!

YAY!!!!! THE CATS ROCK!

Ever since we returned from New England, the cats haven't gotten so affectionate! They come off as somewhat "needy" sometimes, but that's a huge improvement over "ignore the humans" and "run away and hide from the humans under the bed."

COOL LOOKING BLOG

Creative Generalist: The name probably says it a ll. Some interesting stuff about creativity and intellectual property. Also a little bit about other stuff.

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com