Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Monday, March 04, 2002

Get to Know Me

This morning I filled out one of those silly fun forward e-mails th/ asks a bunch of silly questions then tells you to send it to your friends. Find my answers as follows:

1. What time is it? Now

2. Name as it appears on birth certificate: *bleep*

3. Nicknames: Junior

4. Parents' names: *bleep*

5. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? I can't remember the last time I had cake.

6. Date you regularly blow them out? I have no idea what this means. . .but aft thinking abt it a bit, I figured it out. Let's just say not too soon, not too far.

7. Height: 5'10 1/2"

8. Eye Color: Blue

9. Hair color: Dirty blond w/ red highlights when wet

10. Piercing (s): Numerous, random cuts

11. Tattoos: I once wanted one or two

12. How much do you love your job on a scale of 1-10: 7 -- for some reason, I look forward to going everyday.

13. Birthplace: Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA

14. Hometown: Somewhere in Middlesex County, MA

16. Been in love before? Sometimes I wish I could forget those times.

17. Been to Africa? No

18. Been to Vegas? No

19. Had your house toilet papered? No. My dad ran down those young whipper snappers before they could do it.

20. Loved somebody so much it made you cry? I used to think you could only love th/ way, then I realized the unhealthiness of not communicating correctly.

21. Been in a car accident? I've caused too many of them -- started 10 years b/f I even got my license.

22. Croutons or Bacon Bits? Croutons, but only if they use non-hydrogenated margarine.

23. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Nayonaise (they make even salad dressing out of soy these days!)

24. Coke or Pepsi? Neither -- both eat teeth w/ carbonation.

25. Car - 2 or 4 door? 4

26. Sprite or 7up? If I had to choose, Sprite. But normally the carbonation scares me.

27. What is your occupation? Slacking temp/student.

28. What do you sleep in? Is that any of your business?

29. Favorite Movie? Gattaca, simply for the phrase, "I win b/c I don't think about the journey back."

30. Favorite Holiday? New Years

31. Favorite day of the week? Haven't ever thought about it -- these things change depending on the TV season.

32. Favorite word or phrase? Ebullient

33. Favorite tooth paste? Peelu w/o mint

34. Favorite Restaurant? Don't have one @ the moment

35. Favorite flower? Vanilla

36. Favorite drink? water

37. Favorite sport to watch? Figure skating. Curling comes in second.

38. Preferred type of ice cream? Mint chocolate chip soy dessert

39. Favorite Sesame Street Character? Grover

40. Disney/Warner Bros? Warner Bros

41. Favorite fast food restaurant? This Pizza Place in Amherst, MA. They have vegan pizza, they work like fast clockwork behind the counter, & they get you your food faster than any burger joint.

42. What color is your bedroom carpet? No carpet.

43. How many times did you fail your permit or drivers license test? Twice for the driving test.

44. Who is the last person you got email from? Bad Mr. Tripp

45. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Almost

46. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit card? Either Computer City or some used bookstore

47. What do you do most often when you are bored? I don't let myself get bored these days.

48. Friend who lives the farthest away? Depends on what you mean by friend. West Virginia/Virginia comes to mind at the moment.

49. Most annoying thing? Pieces of styrofoam scraping against each other.

50. Bedtime? Somewhere b/w 10 to 1 on weekday nights. It possibly extends to dawn on weekends.

51. Who will respond to this the fastest? I don't know

52. Who is the person least likely to respond? I don't know

53. What time is it? Now, a little later after the first time I got asked.

& Just a Couple Topics to Consider. . .

- The beauty of soup in the bulk aisle. $4.00 for a lb of something you pour on water then it turns into scrumptious joy th/ serves me at least 3 bowls. Compare th/ to $2.00 for a can of watered down soup th/ will only give me one bowl. I'll still get the watered down stuff but only b/c I need to give my taste buds some variety.

- Dread at percieving the cycle of life-&-death. Last night I finished a story by Harlan Ellison. It had a lot of senseless killing th/ made sense considering the surroundings & the characters. Family killing decent family just to get away & live an exciting life. Then a guy kills a girl th/ he risked his life, pretty much, to try killing then ended up bringing away from her boring home to end up killing her for his dog (wh/ kind of makes sense in an all twisted, senseless way wh/ I can accept in some postmodern morass way).

But all the senseless killing just got me to thinking abt the beauty of life & how it can wink out in a second. All alone in my bed, I felt dread as I thought abt these prospects & w/ a bit abt not knowing what happens aft death, even if we have the consciousness th/ we have now or does it become more enhanced consciousness or does it disappear or does it enter eternal torment or does it become a completely other consciousness. Maybe I didn't have a realization of what happens upon death, but I saw the fragility of lofe. I felt dread.

& Th/'s when I realized th/ I couldn't do anything but accept th/ it will happen. I can't stop it, no matter how much I try. Then I had an odd yet calm day where everything went slow when @ some other time, I would have wanted it to go fast. Today, though, it made me happy th/ it went slow & I got more done in th/ slow time than I would have gotten done in the fast time. & I haven't found a reason for any of it at all, but I've found that I like those moments of joy th/ come every once in awhile.

But My Bed Calls Me & Sings a Lullaby

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com