Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Friday, September 16, 2005

Hot Bath and Mineral Water, Mmmmmm. . .Good

Third bath since I've started taking hot bathes again, and they really just keeping getting better. Lately, though, I have been trying to perfect my technique of filling the tub. I like the water hot, but I've started to get annoyed with the whole super hot pain then pleasure then, if I move my food or anything else around, more hot pain that eventually calms down. The first time, I pretty much turned the knob about 180 degrees then turned it down as it came closer to the time I would step in. Second time, about 160 or 170 degrees then turn down with the same results. Tonight, I did something like 130 to 140 degrees. It cooled down a little quicker, and I could dip my head under the water eventually (I love doing that. . .), but I still had that initial put feet in and my midriff pain then cool down thing happen. Next bath, I guess I'll try 110 to 120 degrees to see what happens.

I also like to listen to some pretty relaxing music while taking my hot bath. First night, I listened the album, Sea Biscuit by Spacetime Continuum, a great, really really very very ambient album without going way too much into spaciness and formlessness, if that makes sense. Second time, I listened to the Babylon 5 soundtrack composed by Christopher Franke of Tangerine Dream, a pretty dramatic mix of classical and '70s electronic music. Tonight, the Bladerunner soundtrack composed by Vangelis, a great piece of semi-cheesy '70s electronic music that creates that noir and '70s cheesy romantic feel with a bit of chillness. I really have something for '70s electronic music.

Honestly, I've lost my steam for writing this entry. I really wanted to get talking about how even though I'm a skeptical humanist, a believe in Original Sin in a way, and it's really too bad that it exists because it brings us down and makes it hard for us to enjoy themselves, making us embarassed over having things, territory, all angry, scared of relaxation and pleasure and scared of connecting with people because others have hurt us before (what an ugly meme or virus that has affected the human race because it just happened once or twice then grew and grew. . .darn!) and just all the bad stuff that comes with it. I don't really care all that much about the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil other than the allegorical significance of it. But these things that I don't really care about probably don't make much sense unless I get a little into it.

But I won't.

Probably because the more I think about it, the more I realize that I just feel all that warmed up to type journal like entries on a computer or even really essays. . .but I want to do it, so I'll have to try pushing myself in the future.

For now, though, I think a line from the Modest Mouse song, Ocean Breathes Salty, will suffice to embody my feeling about Original Sin: "You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com