Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Destroying Our Lease for the Right to Live

Even though my thinking about climate change, the environment and our (spiritual) place in the world hasn't change, I've come up with a new way to phrase it.

The universe, the galaxy, the solar system, the world, the ecosystem, the region, the environment, the climate, all of that (and God) has given us a flexible lease on the right to live. With the rapid increase in climate change by our hands, we have begun reaching the end of our lease and have shortened the lease of other entities that depend on a certain type of climate. So basically, our lease on the right to life runs short because we destroy the elements that allows this lease to exist.

1 comment:

The_Lex said...

I agree with you that your possibility exists but I tend to disagree that the possibility you argue is necessarily the correct one. I can't say that we live in an Eden-ish natural paradise, but I can't discount that Universe has some kind of higher intelligence, that God exists or that even Earth has some kind of Gaea intelligence. The sure fire knowledge to know the true nature of things just doesn't exist to me.

I feel skeptical about both sides of thought, but I'm probably more willing to direct my action based on science. Unfortunately, we don't know everything, so our science can be wrong, which can lead to the destruction of the Earth, our habitat and possibly the universe someday in some kind of crazy sci-fi doomsday apocalypse.

So until we can prove without a doubt that God doesn't exist, intelligent design doesn't exist (after all, intelligent design, from my understanding of it, could work alongside evolution), some kind of diety exists, some kind of Universe or planety intelligence doesn't exist, evolution doesn't exist or vice versa on all the above, I willingly entertain and meld together the ideas at hand and will continue addressing them in allegorical formats.

For an interesting example of how such an allegorical format can lead to a productive exploration and understanding of the climate change situation, at least in my opinion, check out:

http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article338830.ece

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article338879.ece

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article338878.ece

Because, after all, any communication and understanding of any of this phenomena must get filtered through human perception first, which can lead to plenty of fallacies in the first place.

Remember, we live in a postmodern world.



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com