Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Saturday, April 28, 2007

More Information & Opinions on the Kid Who Got Arrested for an Essay

Published in the Chicago Tribune:

Essay just a story, teen says
Cary-Grove senior fights for right to go back to school; Marines revoke his enlistment


Teen's essay

When students cross the line

Writing teachers try to differentiate between creative license and thinly veiled threats in school assignments


My opinion remains the same on this one, especially since he pretty much was following the assignment given to him.

1 comment:

Jeremy Roby said...

I don't have a problem with most of the essay. I can see the last sentence causing a stir, but nothing like this should have happened. I mean, he's just a kid and kids say, do, and write stupid things all the time. The funniest thing (and there always is one in these types of stories) is that the army won't take him because he wrote an essay about killing people.



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com