Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Wise Revelation

My current mentor and I came up with a good wise revelation:

The task will likely still be there tomorrow, so I might as well just go to bed.

It can really apply to a lot of things in life. Nights like these, where I spend it alone with cats, I'm reminded of my days as a teenager. I always wanted to go out then and have lots of excitement.

Now, not so much. Most of that excitement seems pretty irrelevant, especially with all the stuff I want to do and have to do. But then with today's revelation, I can ask myself:

Will these things I do really make much of a difference?

I think that's a good question to ask, especially if you have to make it to work at 8 in the morning and feel real tired.

And I don't mean this question in a depressing, I don't have any effect on the world type of way. I mean it more as, to borrow a phrase, "Should I really get all worked up and lose sleep about all these small tasks?" I mean it to focus my attention on the important things, like sleep and tasks that will have a lasting effect.

Or to toss aside and procrastinate on some tasks to actually have some fun and enjoy life. I don't have enough of it, and I think many of you, my readers, can attest to this fact.

Thank you, friends, for trying to keep me grounded by getting my head in the clouds. =D

2 comments:

Dawn said...

There's something called the Tyranny of the Urgent. Many things that are urgent don't really matter--the trick is to figure out what does and make that a priority. Admittedly, I don't always do a great job of that either, but the idea is a good one.

The_Lex said...

Tyranny really is a great word. You can put it in front of anything and have a good term for something that harasses you and makes life a hassle or actual hell.

Overall, though, for the Tyranny of the Urgent, I guess that's half the fun and hassle of being human. . .. =/



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com