Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Writing Samples Meet Science Fiction

NEED TO ACTUALLY WORK

Today, I got an e-mail response to a writing internship to which I applied three weeks or so ago. They want some writing samples. I should fax them tomorrow but haven't done anything about it. Procrastination might have occurred, but I'm not sure because I did a lot of stuff today that I've wanted to do for awhile.

No matter. Once I finish this entry, I will put my nose to the grindstone and put together some fiction writing samples.

HUNG OUT WITH THE CHICAGO SPECULATIVE FICTION GROUP

Tonight, went to Dave & Buster's to hang out with the Chicago Speculative Fiction group for the first time. I had a pretty fun time meeting some new people and feeling comfortable having conversations with people.

Many times near the end of the night, I kept on saying how much I enjoyed not having to actually put effort into having a conversation. The natural flow just seemed to happen. The only problem came from having to hold myself back from talking out of turn because I felt so excited about saying something.

Couple noteworthy things that happened:

+ Met a guy who does artwork for Magic: The Gathering.

+ Learned that a lot of people actually started watching Charlie Jade in response to a posting I put on the forum at the group website. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fact that most of the people who started watching didn't mention anything about it on the group website.

+ Learned about a science fiction writing group.

+ Otherwise, pretty much met some interesting and friendly people.

BUT I SHOULD WORK ON PUTTING TOGETHER THOSE WRITING SAMPLES

1 comment:

Philosopher Queen said...

Nice to hear that CJ is catching on!
:)



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com