Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Sunday, August 14, 2005

I have Arguments with Modernism, too

I'm already two or three hours behind schedule on this rainy and thundery Sunday (Please rain more and longer! I want the humidity gone!). Unstructured weekend time has become something of an enemy. Last night, the girl and I went to a party until two in the morning. Before going, I had made a To Do list for today on my Palm Pilot and attached some alarms to the tasks.

I had to go very out of the way to get that functionality on my Palm. I had the choice of buying a whole new Palm because the company doesn't support To Do alarms on older Palms or buy a Shareware program. I'm only trialling the Shareware program, but it's cheaper than a new Palm and has helped me out majorly, even though I did fall off the wagon once this week and ignored the alarms to keep doing research on my thesis.

Anyway, the girl and I woke up at an all right time in the morning, but we needed food and didn't have much food in the house, so we went over to a diner in Watertown that has some good vegan food. 20 minute or so wait, but there's always a wait and the food makes the wait worth it. I had originally made an alarm to work on The Lextopia at about 1:30. I started working on it at 3. Argh. I made it my first task, too.

Before I move on with content stuff, I just want to let people know that I answered some comments in yesterday's entry. Also. . .if anyone wants to receive The Lextopia entries via e-mail, let me know, and I can set you up. Eventually, if I make the time for it, I'll set up a screen so that you can send me e-mail or so you can sign up for e-mail deliveries. Until then, though, I will have to apologize for bad service here. It does go against my work and life ethic of trying to deliver Value to the people around me, but my life situation can make it difficult for me at times. Sorry for the lack of functionality. The topic does make for a good segueway into the overaching topic of this entry, though.

I hate complaining about time. People have complained about it so much that doing so has become as cliche as the title for yesterday's entry. Besides, whenever I complain about not having the time to do anything, my more New Agey friends (who despite their New Ageiness, I feel like they have a better sense of how to approach Life and just feel happier, in general) givem me a great platitude about the problem is not that I don't have the time, it's that I don't make the time. I believe that they have something there.

Unfortunately, my Palm To Do list alarm has sounded, meaning I should make the time for my next task. . .going through my books to figure out which ones to sell, donate or discard by the time the girl and I move to Chicago in 9-10 months.

See what I mean about this time thing?

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com