Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lex Don't Have Game: T-21 Days to Relocation

I'm certainly not at the top of my game these days.

It probably has to do with the stress from so much going on at once.

1) Moving halfway across the country

2) Searching for a job when I get halfway across the country

3) Cleaning up everything at my current job by the end of this week

4) Packing

5) Scheduling all types of appointments to polish things up around here

6) Seeing as many people as possible before leaving the area while doing everything else

7) Figuring out what the heck is going on with my academic avocation

8) Coming up with some kind of thesis statement for a paper I'm working on

9) Setting up an appointment with my Project/Plan advisors

10) Planning for a wedding just a little more than a year in the future

11) Trying to keep a relationship going with passion and love

12) This BLOG

I'm saddened that I put the relationship as 2nd to last. I think I'll rationalize that one by saying that it stresses me out the least. =D

But after listing 12 things that have me all stressed out and worried, I can't wonder too much about why I procrastinated a whole ton this week when I got home for work.

This whole procrastinating thing doesn't feel like me, though, especially when I can't come up with a plethora of ideas to riff on that no one really understands on my Blog.

Crap and ugh.

A FUNNY THING ABOUT WRITER'S BLOCK

The more I focus on it, the less I write.

4 comments:

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

When you drive do you think about every single road sign, every single house, every single blade of grass that you pass BEFORE you get to your destination?

The_Lex said...

I just about ignore all that stuff.

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

but yet you're STILL paying attention to it in another way. Get what I'm saying?

The_Lex said...

I wish I would notice the signs while driving more.

Are you talking about the writer's block thing? I'm starting to think that's more from not getting enough sleep, not really doing much more than working and the same ol' same ol' but all the while getting overwhelmed by my BIG MOVE and upcoming marriage.

There's a whole bunch on my mind. When not taking care of myself, I think it's hard to focus on one thing in that whole mess of things. At least, that's my theory.



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com