Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ugh (an Utterance that has Become my Friend's Favorite)

For those not in the know, I've been fighting off this annoying viral upper respiratory thing. Only rest and time defeat it, I guess.

Thursday, I came home early after two hours of work. I went to sleep immediately, got up for about 4 or 5 hours in the evening then went back to bed. Got up Friday morning, which didn't feel like an adrenaline burst into consciousness, so I went back to work. Stayed up latish to watch some TV then slept for twelve hours until now.

I still feel sick, disoriented. I keep wanting to do suff but know that I shouldn't do much more than grocery shop. Well, I believe I should at least read, finish Hunters of Dune.

DOCTOR WHO

We watched the newest Doctor Who episode broadcast in the United States. Pretty good one. Enjoyable.

My problem with it and probably most of the Doctor Who episodes in which the Doctor won't go back in time to save a person or even do something as inconsequential as visit someone to just say "hi" or "goodbye." Throughout the whole series, I haven't seen any good rhyme or reason as to why not except that he won't break some sacred "law of time" or something.

Maybe he can't get the TARDIS to do it with any accuracy. Maybe he does know about some moments in time that he can't interrupt without changing the whole course of the universe. Maybe it just works as a good plot device for the writer's to use, so they can keep the emotional strength of a story, and I'm just a lowly fanboy, in these matters, who has to accept these things.

Then again, the Time Lords entry actually addresses the issue, somewhat. Something about their extinction apparently has something to do with the difficulty of traveling at will. But even then, being the last Time Lord really makes for an inconsistency. . .shouldn't they be able to travel through time to run into each other again?

But I guess I'll just have to wait and hope they answer some of these questions and do it in a way that makes me understand why they did it the way they did it, if not find it the MOST satisfying explanation.

BLOGS WRITTEN BY CHARLIE JADE CREATIVE STAFF

Dead Things on Sticks: Denis McGrath, one of the story editors for the better second half of the show

Complications Ensue: Alex Epstein, the executive producer for the better second half of the show

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com