Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Monday, October 23, 2006

Silly for the Night

Every time I told my TiVo to record a show for a season or to make a "Wishlist," it would create a whole new artificial intelligence to deal with the task.

One small thing: the task didn't require some full on AI, so they tended to get bored. I think I learned how to communicate with a couple of them, but, for the most part, I pretty much just felt guilty that my TiVo pretty much brought into being these sentient intelligences then enslaved them to do something pretty menial for an AI.

And if you've known me long enough, you know how guilty I can feel about the smallest, silliest things. . .like sending the fiancee down a one-way street and nearly getting her killed.

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com