Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Wednesday, March 20, 2019

FLASH POST: Are Results of the Economy Under Trump Pretty Much Happening by the Book?

Trump talks like he's some amazing economic savior for the country, but everything that has happened to stimulate the economy seems completely predictable. . .while also sounding like some running on a caffeine high every day. . .in that the economy will eventually grown tolerant to the caffeine and eventually lose the high.

Conservatives had their own book of assumptions, though, that doesn't seem to go according to reality (even though the By The Book of predictable economics could see it coming a mile away). The conservatives made the assumption that employers would make capital investments and increase wages. But lo, employers engaged in stock buybacks and mostly just gave bonuses, not as many wage increases as expected (and even where they did, the results ended up screwing workers).

And what bonuses and wage increase occured, it doesn't amount to much because inflation largely tracked with the wage increases in 2018. Apparently CPI has stayed low so far in 2019, but that's mostly from gas and energy, mostly from outside of the country that I don't think conservatives have as much control of. . .unless maybe through some crony deals with Saudi Arabia to keep down gas prices. . .and is that worth the moral cost and the lives lost to support the Saudi Arabian war in Yemen?

But here are the couple of articles that I found that support my argument that most of the economic gains since 2016 in the US have pretty much been by the book and not necessarily anything expected to be sustainable:

How Trump’s tax cuts are boosting GDP, and why that might not last - PBS

Opinion: Everybody predicted the surge in GDP that Trump says nobody predicted - MarketWatch

If you like what you see here and in the past and want to free me up for more, support my endeavors by Buying Me a Coffee!

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com