Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Monday, March 10, 2008

Eating Well

I just spent the night, pretty much from 7 PM to 11 PM making a quiche and a hybrid Greek coucous/Southern US potato salad without the potatoes. Feels quite rewarding to make good food & know that I'll have it for the rest of the week for lunch. Spent a little more on groceries this week, but it'll be well worth it.

And there'll be a little bit of showing off at work, too. For the last year or so, I've pretty much just been eating rice and chili for my main dish along with some side dishes like fruit, nuts and dark chocolate nougat almonds. Even when I'm slummin' it, I actually eat pretty good and healthy.

Lately, though, I've just been in the mood for a more Mediterranean and North African (which I guess could be considered Mediterranean) diet. I've had enough of that wholesome, filling hearty fare, and I'm in the mood for some lighter food that provides me with the nutrition I need.

I'm not totally sure how light quiche is, though, even if it is dairy free. . .there's still plenty of generally artificial and fatty stuff in there. The crust has coconut oil in it, though, which has lauric acid, a nutrient that I've been reading a lot about lately. Apparently, it helps with metabolism, the thyroid gland and all types of interesting stuff.

Part of me wishes that I went into nutrition or to become a chef. Come on, can't you see me on Top Chef or something? Actually, I'd probably crash and burn in the first couple challenges. Maybe not, I do pretty good under pressure and can get creative with food. Sometimes, a little too creative, though.

Anyway, cooking tonight was a good diversion from the laborious and semi-tedious outlining that I've been doing for the project. Not really in a good mood position for it or the novel. Once I get moving, though, I can get into the groove and flow of it and do some good stuff, kind of like yesterday when I outlined for something like 2 or 3 hours with a diversion here and there. By the end, I got a good amount done, even if some of it felt like crap.

Oh well. It's even before a first draft, so I can't be expecting perfection. I just look forward to getting it done, have fantasies of life afterward and get a little impatient here and there. Crap. Such is life. . ..

Time to clean up and head to bed, though. It will be a well earned sleep, yes, it will.

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com