Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Ranting Against [45]'s Immaturity & GOP then Some Twittervism

Well the last 24 hours has been a whirlwind of [45] going into manic crazy foreign horrible interactions, collusion craziness, "Outside" Establishment racists tearing each other apart, and [45] rapid fire getting rid of good regulations over the last couple days:

My takeaway: By acting this way, especially when it comes to foreign relations, [45] gives North Korea, the Middle East, and other nations that hate America the excuse to call us the "American Devil". Other Presidents and State Departments may have argued and had tensions with these other nations, but they at least had the tact and sense not to fall into the behavior and threats that these other nations label us with.

I would rather our country and nation act to promote justice and compassion in the world more than it has throughout history, but watching it fall into this kind of behavior and fulfilling their expectations just embarasses me. I would hope our country knew better than to put such an ass into office, for this and so many other things.

It all feels pretty overwhelming. This NPR article, though not directly about the topic, really gets to my feeling about this whole thing. US Presidents (and our elected officials) should behave well, provide consistency, and provide a good example and role model to the people of this country and even the world.

This! [45]. Paul Ryan. MItch McConnell. All these GOP public officials pretty much trying to put more money into the deep pockets of their donors and do what they can make the futures of the less well off, ruin the futures of younger people, and trying to increase the mortality and sickness of the elderly and poor. They believe they're making the world and country better, but just watch as [45] makes unneeded drama today while the GOP creates instability in the future, all in the name of the voters that put them into office as a supposed "referendum" (BTW, [45], you got 3 million votes than candidate Hillary Clinton). The drama makes me sick, and I fear the future.

Other countries excluding the US from the "global conversation" doesn't provide me much confidence, either. Hopefully it only lasts as long as [45] remains in office, and things can get better once we have him out of there.

At this moment, I have a hard time figuring out what to do, still busy with tiring day job and just trying to keep things straight around home and socially. I'm not complaining here, just stumbling about trying to brainstorm and try to figure what to do next.

In the meantime, I'm doing some reading into sociology and moral/political philosophy. I've started reading a book that has some interesting excerpts by sociologist Robert K Merton. My interest in him got started months ago after having some discussion with a couple people about the whole "Doctor Who" should stay a man to continue providing a good role model to boys and men. I won't get into the details of that conversation, but trying to understand the whole role model also brought the concept of "reference group" that Merton seems to have introduced to the world. I feel that getting a better idea of social, cultural, and moral sciences and philosophies will help me better figure out how I can contribute to make the world a better place, both in the now and the future.

But if today and the last couple days indicates how 2018 will go, I figure I'll empty the Twitterism queue:





































Or maybe "The Job Cuts and Tax Bill".











If you like what you see here and in the past and want to free me up for more, support my endeavors by Buying Me a Coffee!

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com