Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Thursday, May 23, 2019

Collage of Abortion and Reproductive Health Tweets and Articles - I Can Do Better

After a Facebook argument with someone this past weekend about WHO should post and HOW they should post about abortion stuff, I challenged myself to post what I had posted and found online about the topic. My argument: men should focus more on posting, sharing, and boosting the voices of women on this topic. I don't particularly have any rationale other than men don't have to go through the physical travails/burdens/joys of pregnancy and abortion. Furthermore, men can impregnate a woman through consensual or nonconsensual sex then run away. Women have to carry the child for nine months and also have to deal with knock on effects before and afterward, such as salary inequality, body going crazy, risk of death during pregnancy, and the list goes on and on.

Not aware of knowing anyone who has had an abortion (though I expect I probably do since 1 in 4 woman have had an abortion) or having been in a situation where I've even considered abortion, just thinking through the implications of what women have to go through regarding pregnancy, I can understand the importance of giving women their choice. I have plenty of other issues with conservatives anti-choice and reproductive stances, but this post is about empowering women's speech and assisting where I can to elevate their platform on the topic of abortion and reproductive health.

My verdict on myself: I can do better. I procrastinated and worried a lot about putting together this post. Looking through the Tweets I plan to embed and the links I'll post, I feel good that a good share come from woman. Nonetheless, the Tweets and links feel more about taking a position and action urged to take to fight the anti-choice states outlawing abortion and pro-choice states trying to protect the ability for women to choose abortion and to exercise decisions when it comes to reproductive health. Few of them seem to touch upon the human side of reproductive health or even the thinking and reasoning that goes into choosing reproductive health decisions or policies to take, especially from women's standpoint.

Below are the Tweets and links:















Abortion Shaping Up To Be The Health Care Fight Of 2020: Democrats think Republicans may have overreached with Alabama's anti-abortion law, alienating voters ahead of the next election - Huffpost

Kirsten Gillibrand Says If Trump Wants A War With America's Women, 'He Will Lose' - NPR

No abortion bans, PERIOD. [petition] - Planned Parenthood

Men Are Sharing Their Abortion Stories. Is That Helpful? - Slate

How Sen. Elizabeth Warren would protect abortion rights - Politico

If you like what you see here and in the past and want to free me up for more, support my endeavors by Buying Me a Coffee!

You can also check me out on Twitter at @screwjaw and Mastadon at @screwjaw@mastodon.social for articles, short form stuff, and a higher frequency/volume of opinions and truth!

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com