Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Saturday, January 26, 2019

FLASH POST: Left Candidates and the Evolution of Social Norms as Highlighted in Elections

Fascinating thing about all the high profile candidates on the Left: they all have some mark against them that they have to deal with. Their pasts show

  • That people can change
  • People don't always have control of their organizations
  • that social norms have changed FAST
But how do we evaluate these candidates' history and whether they meet the standards of "woke enough" essentially, whether it be about their
  • Rhetoric
  • Language
  • Evolving beliefs
  • The people around them
  • The ability to develop a "woke" organization
I'm guessing the last factor of developing a "woke" organization can play a big part, considering our current POTUS and the scandal upon scandal upon scandal. Even if we remove campaign scandals, the development and churn of Trump's
  • Advisers
  • Cabinet heads
  • Department heads
has been atrocious. Trump, on his own, doesn't have consistency and stability on his list of virtues. Quite the opposite, in fact. Trump, his cronies, and his judicial appointments also practically provides the illustration in the dictionary for "not woke" (though Mitch McConnell can't be excluded when discussing judicial appointments).

Suffice to say, watching the arguments and discussions on the Left of how to evaluate the candidates for the 2020 Primaries and Election will provide a fascinating case study in social, cultural, and political development. I appreciate Stacey Abram's entrance into this arena by stating that Democrats Will Win In 2020 ‘By Telling Our Story,’ Not Running Against Trump, but I'm sure many on the Left will have their opinions about how this discourse will
  • Develop
  • Have norms and 'rules' of its own
  • Result after all is said and done
I welcome thoughts and input on this discourse in the comments section of this entry and future comments that touch on this discourse. Feel free to provide your input as you see fit.


If you like what you see here and in the past and want to free me up for more, support my endeavors by Buying Me a Coffee!

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com