Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Humanity and Psychology in Stories and Theory

Since I haven't found too much inspiration for blog entries lately, I'll point you toward Not Wilde About It, a blog entry by Alex Epstein. It starts with him saying that he had a negative reaction to the movie, Wilde, then goes off in a beautiful entry about the importance of humanity and psychology in a drama, not just some kind of retelling of facts in a movie, like some kind of documentary.

Alex did a great job at articulating my feelings of frustration when it comes to my bachelor's project. While doing the research and trying to understand and articulate theory while relating it to literature and real life community histories, I'm getting immensely frustrated about not grokking all this stuff together. Everyday, I get closer, but it's quite frustrating as I struggle.

Urgh.

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com