Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Tuesday, June 02, 2020

If Things Settle, We Must Remain Vigilant & Work to be Better

Well social media seems relatively quiet tonight for Chicago tonight. I did hear murmurings that one protest would occur on the North Side, though nothing reliable. I wonder if this is a lull or if society is getting ready for the hard work: actually changing, meaning us white people, and making this weekend count by not backsliding?

A lot of this will be personal and amongst family and friends, challenging them, getting them to listen, and getting them to actually connect on a deeper level to truly our understand black & other IPOC people.

I wanted to say something that would show some bond, but on a group level, I don't believe we're there yet. That's going to be a lot of hard work. 

And vigilance must increase to fight White Supremacy paramilitary gangs, structural Supremacy, inclinations of Supremacy in ourselves, & police misconduct.

I doubt the Federal government will show much progress until hopefully January 2020 when hopefully there's a huge realignment of POTUS & Congress. Even then, it will prove difficult. During the time of Obama, the forces of White Supremacy. They will likely continue to grow. Only our vigilance can stamp it down. Even now, I fear it will jump soon, again. 

But even if nothing substantoal can be done Federally other than to try slow & weaken the growth of Trump & White Supremacy (is it fair to call them deplorables now?), we can do work in our hearts, our homes, our towns, our cities, our counties, and our states. 

Let's not lose our resolve. Let's do better. Let's be better. 

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com