Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Objective and Work

The Objective and Work topic will have to come as a work in progress. I haven't really thought about it as thoroughly as I have about other topics.

Also, it will probably come more slowly than most other topics. I haven't really formulated many thoughts about it other than to realize that the issue exists. Exploring it will take more than one essay entry.

I, in addition, have an interview and testing with a temp agency tomorrow. The day after that, the fiancee and I head back to Massachusetts for my brother's wedding over the weekend and hopefully a hike on Sunday. It's actually late, at 11:30 PM, considering these factors starting tomorrow.

THE ISSUE REVEALS ITSELF

I first realized that I had an issue while searching through job ads. It revealed itself with a particular ad. Honestly, I can't remember which one, but I think it had something to do with a writing, editorial, customer service or office assistant job (no wonder. . .that's the general positions that I feel would work for me) at a financial company.

Reading the ad (yeah, the more I think about it, it has something to do with a financial company) and researching their company Website, I felt myself having the beginnings of understanding the subject and even wanting to learn more about it. The more I read about the financial stuff this company did and the educational material they had on their Website, the more I realized I didn't know that much about the financial sector, even though I own mutual funds, have a money market and did some minor investing in the stock market before finding myself in deep water then pulling my money out of it.

It hit me, then, that I need to narrow the target audience of my job search marketing campaign to more than just companies that have a writing, proofing, editing, customer service representative or administrative/office assistant position. I need to target companies that sell a product that I understand or at least have a good beginnings of an understanding and companies that have a compatible culture with me (I really just came up with that one today).

Directing my job search marketing campaign really only just starts touching upon the objective factor of looking for a job or for setting myself up for a career. . .

BUT FOR NOW, I NEED TO SLEEP

I may continue this essay tomorrow or the day after or the day after that. Or maybe I won't have the energy for it and try to do it later. But maybe that'll just keeping going on, and I'll lose the motivation to finish the essay.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com